Location: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Salary: £866-1082/month ($1120-1400)
Contract Length: 12 months
Start Date: On-Going
Qualifications Required: Bachelor’s Degree or higher + TEFL/TESOL certificate
Experience: None needed
Number of Positions: 23
Passport held: Any
Listed by ila education for life. ABOUT ILA: ILA is the largest language provider in Vietnam, currently with:
– 47 Language Centres located in 13 towns and cities across the country
– 1,500 qualified, experienced teachers and Teaching Assistants
– 750 professional, friendly staff – 300,000 former students
We are looking for ESL teachers to work in one of our 45 centres located accross Vietnam. Candidates who are in Vietnam and can start as soon as possible will be receiving an early start bonus – 10,000,000 VND (~$440)!
The role of ESL Teacher is one of high responsibility, directly concerned with the education and welfare of our Young Learner students. As an ESL Teacher, you are responsible for delivering engaging, interesting and involving lessons which benefit learners both inside and outside the classroom.
The role of ESL teacher is not restricted to the classroom and at LA Vietnam we expect all of our staff to fully engage in all aspects of the programme to ensure the maximum enjoyment and safety of students whilst participating in our course.
The position includes the following duties:
Training, Health and Safety and Safeguarding
- To attend an induction period prior to the opening of the centre and to have read and be fully conversant with the teacher handbook, policies and procedures attached to this role.
- Take part in all Health and Safety related training.
- Take part in all Safeguarding training.
- To prepare and deliver dynamic and communicative lessons across a range of levels to classes comprising of students aged 3-17 years old to the standards set out in the Teacher Handbook and following the ILA Young learner syllabus.
- To follow, adapt and supplement the prescribed project lessons and develop strategies to ensure successful academic outcomes.
- To actively link the academic programme with the projects through meaningful activities in the classroom.
- To ensure student receive constructive and positive feedback on any completed work.
- To assist in the placement testing (when trained to do so) and classroom allocations of all students.
- To undertake essential administrative tasks such as keeping up to date records of work, classroom registers, lessons plans, etc. as directed by the Academic Manager (or Senior Teacher) in accordance with ILA requirements.
- To write individual, constructive and positive student reports as required.
- To submit to periodic announced or unannounced classroom visits by management.
- To develop and share academic materials and resources as required.
- To attend the required number of professional development sessions during your term of employment.
- To assist with pastoral duties as requested by the Centre or Academic Manager.
- To consistently ensure the welfare of our students.
- To be fully engaged in the nature of the Young Learner programme.
- To actively discourage students from engaging in improper behaviour which could be of harm to other students or bring ILA into disrepute.
- To ensure proper discipline is maintained throughout the programme.
- To act in a professional manner with all ILA clients and staff and not to engage in any activity which may bring ILA (or client organisation) into disrepute.
- To assist all students to derive the maximum benefit from the couse.
- To respect the property and equipment of ILA by maintaining secuirity and avoiding loss and/or damages.
- To dress in a manner commensurate with the demands of the position.
- To read and be fully conversant with all documentation and handbooks relating to the role and all pertinent requirements prior to the start of employment.
- To carry out any duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Academic Manager or Senior Teacher.
- To actively participate in centre events both on and off site as required by the Academic Manager.
- To actively encourage students to take part in centre events.
- To accompany and supervise students on Summer School excursions to a variety of locations.
- To organise, lead and supervise engaging and safe activities for the students.
- To report any issues to the Academic Manager or Centre Manager.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus supplements
- Premium Health Insurance
- Visa and Work Permit organised and covered by ILA
- Contract Completion payment
- Re-signing Bonus
- Holiday Allowance
- Housing Allowance
- Career pathway with professional (paid) training
- Rotation/relocation opportunities to gain experience and explore Vietnam with various roles in different locations
- Support from an experienced and dedicated management team
- Chance to create impacts to community through ILA Community Network activities
- Social events
- A qualification in English teaching (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA) that is a minimum of 120hrs and from a accredited provider
- A 3-year or higher Bachelor Degree
- To be a native English speaker or demonstrate native level mastery of English