American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers & love working with children.We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994!
Our English Language Counselors live at our immersion camps, scattered in the countryside across France. They lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
– Are you a team player, organized, and able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids)?
– Are you capable of organizing activities: sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games?
– Are you excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers?
– Are you creative and excited about brainstorming as a team?
– Are you receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in and outside of the classroom?
The average contract length is 6 – 8 weeks. Salary is 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer. We will be seeking counselors for the following dates:
Overnight camps (housing provided):
·Winter: February 10th – 19th, 2021
·Spring: 4 – 8 week positions startingApril 13, April 21, May 13, May 21
·Summer: 4 – 9 week positions starting: June 23rd or June 30th, 2021
Day camp in Paris (no housing provided) :
·Winter: February 13 – 19, 2021
·Spring: April 17 – April 30, 2021
·Summer: July 03 – July 23, or July 03 to August 13, 2021
Salary and Perks for overnight camps:
– A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
– Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
– Meals included.
– Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
– No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit (North Americans).
– Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
– All counselors may request a 55€ defrayal of train travel to their village (within France).
– Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.