Let’s start with the why. Why should you want to complete your TEFL certification online instead of in-person? Lots of reasons really but to name a few…
- You can work around your existing schedule – no need to take blocks of time off work to attend in-person classes or run yourself ragged trying to drive/bike/walk to a class after work. With online courses, you can just log on whenever you’re free, at whatever time of day, and carry on where you left off.
- You can study from wherever you are in the world – as long as you have a Wi-Fi connection, you can complete your course! So, you don’t need to worry about missing classes if you decide to travel for a while or move house.
- More for your money – online courses tend to be cheaper than in-classroom courses as providers don’t need to hike up their prices to cover additional expenses, like classroom rental costs.
- Excellent signposting – because the information is already online, it’s easier to include really useful links to lots of different online teaching resources. You can save these on your computer/laptop and use them for your own classes, once you’re working as a TEFL teacher.
- Complete your course more quickly – you’ll be setting the pace, so this means you could complete your course as quickly as you’d like. Not having to wait for weekly classes, and being able to complete the course quickly, means you could be earning good money as a TEFL teacher before you planned!
Now we’ve got that sorted, let’s find out HOW you get your TEFL certification online!