We are recruiting an ESL Teacher to join our team at our adult school located in Nouakchott, Mauritania. This is an amazing experience for applicants with limited teaching experience and would like to make a difference in the lives of our students and travel abroad. The ideal candidate will be adaptable, creative and sensitive to the cultural differences expected when working with students from foreign countries.
To be considered, candidates must be fluent in both English and French, have completed a 4 year degree, and be willing to relocate to Nouakchott, Mauritania. The ESL Teacher will be responsible for:
1. Creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interest, and abilities of students, and provides both social and emotional support for English Language Learners.
2. Using a variety of instructional techniques and teaching strategies to meet different aptitudes and skill levels
3. Maintain the required participant progress documentation
4. Keep daily attendance records and progress reports
5. Assist the program coordinator in such duties as deemed necessary in attaining the established program goals
All candidates must:
• be a U.S. Citizen
• be fluent in English and French
• have a 4-year degree
• be able to communicate effectively orally and in written form
• be able to instruct and maintain emotional control under stress
• be willing to relocate and work in Nouakchott, Mauritania
• have a minimum of 1 year teaching experience